Global Careers for Women with UNHCR
Powered by UNHCR
UNHCR is teaming up with Global Careers to offer you a unique opportunity to participate in a unique online recruitment event for women, the Global Careers for Women Event with UNHCR on 4th October.
UNHCR like most organisation in the international public sector is looking to put its diversity agenda and opportunities in front of senior professional women worldwide.
As an attendee, you have the ability to explore employer information and opportunities and engage in one-on-one text-based conversations directly with a recruiter.
By registering, you’ll also receive exclusive opportunities from international employers that warmly welcome applications from women.
Don’t forget to register an account on our website, to get full access to all content. #PressForParity
Working together to build better futures for people forced to flee
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to protecting and assisting refugees, internally displaced and stateless people. We work to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find refuge after fleeing violence, persecution, war or disaster at home.
As the lead agency for international protection of refugees, we deliver life-saving assistance like shelter, food and water; help safeguard fundamental human rights; and develop solutions that ensure people to have a safe place to call home where they can lead productive lives. We also work to end statelessness for millions of people worldwide without a nationality.
We commit ourselves to five core directions:
- Protecting the people we serve across the whole spectrum of forced displacement, including asylum-seekers, refugees, internally displaced people and stateless people.
- Responding to emergencies in a rapid and effective way, ensuring effective preparedness, maintaining the capability to deliver assistance in emergencies and beyond.
- Including refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in national services and economies through the engagement of development actors;
- Empowering the people UNHCR serves by recognizing them as agents with the potential to determine and build their own future and contribute to the development of the communities where they live.
- Solving problems of stateliness and refugee issues in partnership with political, security and human rights actors.
UNHCR seeks talent in a variety of areas, including finance, human resources, communications, social media, information and communication technology, camp coordination and camp management, shelter, livelihoods, refugee protection and registration, supply, water, sanitation and hygiene, field safety, and project control.
To complement the above skills and values, as a successful candidate you also need to have:
- At least an undergraduate degree from a UNESCO-accredited institution
- Relevant work experience and skills
- Proficiency in English and, depending on the position, working knowledge of another UN language may be required
Watch the video below for more insight into the online event platform.