The Information Technology Department (ITD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is offering internship opportunities. The internship program aims to provide graduate-level students the opportunity to acquire cutting edge work experience in the context of an international organization. The program is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in areas such as Information Technology.
Internships take place at the IMF’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. Internship assignments range from 3 to 6 months. During this period, interns work under the supervision of an experienced ITD staff. Internship projects and assignments vary and are dependent on ITD work program.
Compensation and Benefits:
- competitive salary;
- round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. from their duty station (university);
- limited-term visa may be facilitated for non-US and non-resident candidates;
- limited medical insurance coverage; and
- information to help interns locate suitable accommodation in the Washington metro area.
Successful internship applicants will:
- have outstanding grades;
- have an excellent command of English (both written and oral);
- show an interest in, and aptitude for working in a multicultural environment.
The ITD Internship Program does not guarantee further employment with the IMF upon completion of the internship or graduation. Nonetheless, successful interns could be considered if suitable openings arise in the future.
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Candidates are short-listed based on their qualifications, their field of specialization, their academic performance record, and their interest. The selection decision, based on how well the candidate’s studies align with the department’s work, is made by the hiring managers.
Students interested in the ITD Internship Program must be enrolled in a graduate-level degree program in a relevant field, such as information technology (computer science, information systems management). Only those students who will return to school upon completion of their internship assignments would be eligible.