Procurement and Contracts Assistant – ADB – Manila
The Procurement and Contracts Assistant will provide support to the following activities of the Unit: (i) contract administration and monitoring, to ensure that both the contractors or service providers, as well as ADB business units are in compliance with the provisions of the contract; (ii) procurement and contracts analysis and statistical reporting; (iii) business processes reviews and audit support; (iv) updating and monitoring of existing and new suppliers; and (v) support in ensuring the timely and accurate registration, legal/financial verification of suppliers. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assists in the review of contract terms and conditions and monitors compliance by the service provider/contractor and the business unit with all the provisions of the contract (e.g., performance security, insurance coverage, Service Level Agreement (SLA), Good Social Management Certificates). Recommends action and resolution to contracts compliance issues and problems.
- Assists in the evaluation of requests for contract amendments and revisions received from the contractors. Coordinates the prompt processing of the business unit’s requests in accordance with the current procurement procedures. Assists in the review of existing contracts to recommend for the contract rebidding/renegotiation or the termination/extension of the contract.
- Prepares and provides assistance in analyzing periodic statistical reports such as the institutional procurement spend, contract compliance, contract variation and expiries, and contracts performance monitoring, recommendations and other necessary documentation pertaining to contracts monitoring and administration.
- Assists in the audit reviews and attestation by conducting user access reviews and providing required information and documents to support the bi-annual internal or external reviews.
- Reviews business processes, guidelines forms and documentation and contributes in improvements for streamlining and simplification.
- Provides support in the review and analysis of all information and documents (financial statements, legal documents and other related documents) provided by suppliers to ensure completeness, accuracy and veracity.
- Contributes to the procurement planning exercises, to include monitoring and reporting.
- Provides operational and administrative support in the effective and efficient maintenance of information and data by properly classifying, updating and maintaining list of current and prospective contractors/suppliers, all on-going, completed and in-process service contracts including all performance and contractual requirements, original copies of all service contracts and relevant documents.
- Monitors information maintained in the Unit’s database, generates statistical reports and secures the confidentiality of information such as archives, documents and memoranda related to the procurement exercises.
- Provides administrative support in extracting/ generating data and other reports, and typing various correspondences.
- Supports the management and operation of the e-Procurement system; and recommends improvements in the functionality and usability of system.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, and Unit Head, OAPC.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Business Administration, Business Information Management, Accounting or other relevant disciplines. Professional Certification (e.g. CPA, Supply Management) an advantage.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the ADB (or similar) policies, guidelines, and procedures in procurement operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant software used in the procurement process and records management.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to provide guidance to staff and promote teamwork.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4-5
Closing date for applications 03 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com