Senior Health Specialist – ADB – Manila
- Contribute to the development of sector policy and strategies for health sector in DMCs, in consultation with relevant government agencies and ADB’s Resident Missions (RMs).
- Lead and participate in country teams and provide substantive technical sector inputs for the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS).
- Coordinate with RMs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of health sector policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Lead in the development, processing and administration of loans and TA projects in the health sector, with moderate to high level or risk and complexity.
- Liaise and coordinate with development agencies on program loans and investment projects. Develop and maintain a suitable network in the health and social sectors to keep abreast of the latest developments and issues.
- Lead and substantially contribute to activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building around health and social sectors issues.
- Lead, supervise, and support reporting staff, including their performance and development.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences or other specialized related fields; university degree in health sector or other related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in the health sector including international work experience
- Knowledge of development issues in Asia. Significant expertise within a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area
- Good understanding and experience in the overall tasks needed in the preparation of investment projects, including project identification and conceptualization, analysis of relevant policies, preparing studies and reports, and coordination with external stakeholders, consultants, and government agencies.
- Good skills and experience in coordinating and working with teams of professionals such as for technical, social and environmental safeguards, economic assessments, procurement, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Proficient or advanced competency level in Client Orientation, Achieving Results and Problem Solving and Knowledge Sharing
- For other competencies, relevant to the position, please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 4 – 5.
Closing date for applications 21 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com