Unit Head, Project Administration
- Provides inputs on project implementation and portfolio related matters to CWSS, CWOD-PSG and ADB strategic documents and plans, as required.
- Systematically build the division’s capacity in project administration and portfolio management by training and mentoring, and other appropriate means.
- Oversees the preparation and updating of portfolio projections, plans, and annual targets, e.g., contract awards, loan disbursements, Project Completion Report (PCR)/TA Completion Report (TCR) delivery, and monitor achievements against targets.
- Provide leadership to the quarterly and annual Country Portfolio Review Missions and support the Director for high-level portfolio review meetings.
- Oversee and monitor implementation of social sector portfolio of ongoing loans, grants, and TAs, including the progress of implementation and achievement of intended outputs/goals/development objectives, and status of compliance with covenants.
- Provide guidance and functional oversight on project management, including project readiness, procurement, and Procurement Review System (PRS), consultant selection, and compliance with ADB policies.
- Review and endorse Back-to-Office Reports (BTORs) of review missions, outgoing communications, and documents related to project administration and portfolio management, and ensure the quality and consistency with Project Administration Instructions (PAIs), Operations Manuals (OM) and other relevant guidelines, instructions and policies.
- Provide advice on ADB policies, guidelines, practices on project administration with internal and external stakeholders. Provide advice/guidance to project processing teams regarding project design and implementation matters
- Maintain the sector’s collective experience and knowledge gained through portfolio management and networks and knowledge fora
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance; Provide coaching and mentoring to teams and individuals and ensure their on-going learning and development.
- Coordinate with Sector and Thematic groups including, Project Management Unit, Financial, Public Private Partnership, education, and health sectors.
- Performs quality assurance for project by ensuring project documents are adhered to rules, guidelines,
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in economics, social science, engineering, finance, law, project management, or other related fields. University degree in education, health, economics, engineering, finance, law, project management, or other related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional work experience, in project administration and portfolio management.
- Experience in building capacity of staff in project administration
- Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within one year of appointment).
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent supervisory skills.
- An attitude of striving for results (meeting deadlines, solving problems, delivery of key results areas) and helping others achieve results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills
- Diversified international experience working in the development sector/institutions in several countries.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for IS6