Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB” or “Bank”) is the main source of financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries.
The Competitiveness and Innovation Division (IFD/CTI) supports Bank operations in the areas of Science and Technology, Competitiveness and Innovation, as well as entrepreneurship to strengthen development in the region and promote specific projects that foster national, regional and sector innovation systems. CTI is also responsible for the preparation and implementation of the Bank’s Strategy and action plan in all the above mentioned areas.
To address and support member countries in all of this topics, the CTI Division requires a core team that can give support to the entire staff group in each one of the production lines.
In the above context, the effective execution of resources as well as the preparation and execution of outreach and dissemination activities is key on accomplishing CTI’s objectives. This consultancy is meant to provide analytical and administrative support to the Division’s Chief and Resource Planner in the areas of administrative needs and coordination of events.
The contractual will take action on:
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, and development of outreach activities needed including events and dissemination activities.
- Process receipts or invoices and link them to the appropriate operation for payments and organized record.
- Assist in the effective execution of funds used to promote and implement the division’s activities including those related to the Regional Policy Dialogue Initiative and other events executed by the division; as seminars, workshops and others.
- Provide support in processing consultancy contracts and their corresponding payments.
- Assist on travel arrangements for the Division Chief and other colleagues as needed.
- Assist the Division on the processing of clearances for external events participation through the Front Office and Secretaria.
- Collaborate with the division’s announcements and dissemination activities as requested.
- Assist on the internal organization of archives and files as well as to maintain its updating and organization through the Bank systems.
- Use systems and tools to generate data and produce reports as needed.
- Processing of financial requests such as payments, letter of agreements, vendor requests etc…
- Facilities management and technical support coordination as requested and needed.
- The aforementioned activities are part of the position’s main responsibilities; however, they do not exclude additional activities that may be necessary for completing tasks.
- Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Bachelors or equivalent in areas related to Business Administration, finance or accounting or any related field.
- Languages: Excellent oral and written command of English and Spanish.
- Areas of Expertise: At least three (3) years of work experience at an international level.
- Skills: Knowledge and understanding of IDB’s administrative policies and procedures is paramount, knowledge of corporate information systems is a plus.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
- Contractual category and modality: Define Term Contractual, Monthly
- Contract duration: 19 months.
- Place(s) of work: Headquarters, Washington DC, United States of America
- Responsible person: the consultancy will be supervised by the Division Chief and Resource Planner and Administration Analyst of IFD/CTI.