|Location: Aden, Yemen|
Reports to: Deputy Country Director
Duration: 03 months (With a possibility of extension)
Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The Area Manager will lead the Aden Area Office which will be working on NFI, WASH, FSL, Health and Nutrition across the Southern Governorates.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage all program in Aden (South), oversight of project implementation plans, assess progress of implementation of activities against plans on monthly basis, and document the progress and action corrective measures as and when required. Take the lead in demonstrating practices for quality program implementation.
- Track budget spending and support the preparation of financial reports and review process
- Ensure that all projects have clear indicators, useful and accurate baseline data and staff friendly reporting formats.
- Ensure donor reporting, evaluation (including impact evaluation), and documentation.
- Maintain clear overview of the security, political and legal context.
- Ensure appropriate participation of staff in program management and decision making and raise necessary issues at Senior Management Meetings held at central level.
- Represent relief International in inter agencies meetings and at Governorate level meetings with government officials.
- Manage, mentor and motivate the staff in the field to undertake their roles and responsibilities effectively
- In close coordination with Deputy Country Director and Program Director; and all operations staff, optimally manage the field offices, guest houses, vehicles and other assets including adherence of staff to Relief International’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all staff in the area of operations adheres to the safety and security guidelines.
- Support the Human Resources team to develop, maintain and implement the HR strategy.
- Follow Relief International’s standards and procedures in terms of supervision, recruitment and evaluation of staff under his/her supervision.
Program Design and Development
- Ensure that programs are designed and implemented in a comprehensive manner.
- In close coordination with Project Managers, Technical Advisors and Program Director improve the quality of programming that shows impact.
- Help respond to opportunities to expand programs/impact. Help draft/develop concept papers and proposals with staff, Project Managers, and other Technical Advisors as requested.
- Help staff build on synergies and integration among all projects.
- Support and represent Relief International in coordination, program learning and capacity building.
- Participate in local based coordination with governmental organizations, NGOs and partners.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the team.
- Ensure that all team staff understand and are able to perform their roles in humanitarian program.
- Manage team, define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
- Manage the performance of all staff in the team through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities.
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. Creativity, flexibility, strong work ethic and a sense of humor are highly valued. Exceptional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Master’s degree in a relevant Humanitarian/Development field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience; technical experience in food security, livelihoods, health, WASH, and/or education strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years professional program implementation experience in conflict settings; including Program development and proposal writing experience.
Solid background and knowledge of USAID, ECHO and UN Rules and Regulations;
Extensive contacts with donors, U.N. agencies and other international emergency response and development actors;
Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com