Job Overview / Summary:
IRC’s Global Partnerships & Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. GPP comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, and corporate & foundation partnerships to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
The purpose of the IRC’s Direct Marketing USA unit within the Marketing Department is to help the IRC maximize revenue from individuals who have demonstrated an interest in supporting our mission. Our focus is to engage, cultivate, retain and upgrade individuals whose highest contribution is under $10,000 in order to build a solid base of committed supporters around the world. Whether they make donations, subscribe to our email list, sign a petition or join our community through any other marketing activity, our aim is to give all our supporters a unique, thoughtful and enjoyable experience with the IRC so that they stay with us for the long term.
The Associate Director of Digital Marketing and fundraising is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced individual to successfully deploy both the science and art of nonprofit fundraising and marketing across mass-market online and digital channels. S/he will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive, digital channel strategy to assure the continued growth of revenue through acquisition, retention, cultivation and upgrading of donors through emails, online advertising, peer-to-peer fundraising and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) fundraising. S/he also will showcase excellence in and commitment to a collaborative, integrated approach to maximize department-wide fundraising, marketing, and advertising efforts.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Direct Marketing USA, the Associate Director of Digital Marketing will manage a team of three, overseeing email, digital advertising and peer-to-peer/DIY fundraising, as well as key consultants and vendors. S/he will also work closely with all Marketing units as well as colleagues in GPP and Communications to achieve revenue and other organizational goals and proper tracking and reporting of digital campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director to formulate strategic plans and budgets, and develop short- and long-term plans for Digital Marketing to ensure that they reflect the broader objectives of the Marketing Department as well as the overarching strategic plan for IRC.
- Oversee the management and evaluation of the Digital Marketing team assuring a high level of performance and effective coordination.
- Oversee online acquisition, renewal, reinstatement, retention and upgrading efforts with an emphasis on monthly giving and mid-level gifts ($500-$10K). Ensure that messaging is consistent in tone, quality and appearance. Manage the internal copy and creative review process assuring timely input from all necessary internal IRC stakeholders.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Digital Marketing initiatives in generating desired level of performance from targeted donor populations. Create and deploy robust testing, segmentation, and optimization to maximize performance.
- Manage relationships with consultants and vendors, making certain that our programs receive excellent service and attention. Work with General Counsel’s office in reviewing and approving contracts.
- Coordinate messaging and communication schedules with direct mail efforts to ensure consistency across both channels to donors.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Direct Marketing USA
Position directly supervises:
- 3 Digital Marketing Officers focused on email, online advertising and peer-to-peer/DIY fundraising
- Marketing Units (direct mail, Supporter Services, Creative and Brand, Data Analytics,)
- Strategic Growth
- Digital and peer-to-peer marketing consultants and vendors
- Communications and Digital Platforms