Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
The main purpose of this role is to lead in the growth and development of the AECOM buildings business (structures) within UAE taking responsibility for the following:
- Taking the lead in delivering on the plans in the UAE region with the support from the regional business line leaders and country directors
- Maintaining client relationships within UAE
- Keeping abreast of industry developments within UAE and across the Middle East geography
- Oversight of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Management of working capital on structural engineering projects
- Championing innovation and demonstrating technical leadership.
- He will be responsible for managing a structural design team and take responsibility for overseeing multidisciplinary design teams on a number of projects across the Buildings division. As a leading member of the team, it is expected that the Senior Associate Structural engineer will take responsibility for ensuring that all design work is produced on time, to budget and in accordance with the project quality requirements.
- Manage financial performance of structural engineering projects by achieving planned targets through winning work, identifying and implementing operating efficiencies
- Manage contract variations within the structural engineering projects in UAE through regular follow up with Project Directors and Project Managers
- Review with the Project Directors and Project Managers the technical and financial performance of projects on a regular basis, and implement necessary measures to mitigate losses
- Lead the implementation of innovative solutions and participate actively with clients and stakeholders in the project delivery process.
- Manage the implementation of effective work planning and project control systems for the structural engineering projects within UAE.
- Manage and implement staff changes necessary to improve operational efficiency on structural engineering projects in UAE.
- Obtain Local Authority approvals in UAE.
- Manage large structural design projects and be able to coordinate with services
- Manage design according to local rules, regulations and design guidelines.
- Manage design to British, American and International design standards as required by the project.
- Be responsible for checking the designs conform to project brief and the accuracy of the work by the Team.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Implement and ensure compliance with the Middle East Sub-Delegations of Authority including the analysis and management of project risks in UAE.
- Implementation and ensure compliance with AECOM policies, systems and procedures on all structural engineering projects in UAE
- Implementation and ensure compliance with AECOM Ethics & Compliance policies and procedures on all buildings projects in UAE.
- Maintain client networks and manage client relationships in UAE.
- Ensure client satisfaction with AECOM performance through regular visits and client management activities
- Support the Structural Engineering, UAE Country Directors in strategic business development and Global Business Line pursuits across the region.
- Manage the buildings business development activities in coordination with the UAE Structural Engineering Leader and Country Directors
- Keep abreast of industry developments globally
- Support the UAE Structural Engineering Leader in the preparation and delivery of the Dubai business plan
- Engage appropriate personnel within the UAE market in order to deliver successfully.
Specific Skills Required
- Significant experience using software such as; Etabs, STAAD.pro, SAP 2000, SAFE etc
- A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Structures designs covering for example, Residential, Theme Park, Hotel, Healthcare and Commercial projects.
- Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ideally a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional status.
- Relevant experience in Structural design, including both hand calculations and the latest industry standard design software.
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes)
- Be the ROLE MODEL, Lead by example
- Be CLIENT-FOCUSED, Collaborating with AECOM’s clients
- Be IMPACTFUL, Clear and frequent communications
- Be DECISIVE, Prioritize, focus and accountability
- Lead by example, attend training, ensure resources are available. Engage with clients on safety – set client safety objectives on projects.
- Ensure all projects have risk assessments and safety plans in place.
- Ensure all communications are published and understood. Start all meetings with a safety moment and visibly lead by example.
- Over 7-10 years of relevant industry experience with tier 1 engineering consulting firms.
- 5 years plus experience in UAE/ KSA with a tier 1 engineering consultancy is required in a leadership capacity.
- Bachelor degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering is required.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Structural Engineers (MIStructE) is required.
- Master degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Exposure to working with signature architects an advantage
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.