Administrative Secretary – Legal
Purpose of the job:
To carry out in a timely and appropriate manner all secretarial duties in support of the Legal Service’s lawyers in compliance with internal guidelines.
1. Clerical duties Draws up texts, notes, lists, etc., and types internal and external correspondence for the Legal Service’s lawyers from dictation or on the basis of submitted drafts. Distributes documents produced to BIS departments.
2. Handling of mail Administers line manager’s incoming emails, files important emails. Prepares all outgoing postal and fax communications for dispatch and checks that they are properly sent and that copies are distributed to the departments concerned.
3. Administration of incoming requests Filters and routes incoming requests for legal advice. Administers (upon indications from lawyers) the pending matters list of the legal Service.
4. Filing Administers the extensive multi-language archive containing all the Legal Service’s documentation. Administers the legal services files in SharePoint, inputs and retrieves documents in SharePoint.
5. Telephone/address lists Makes, answers, filters and routes telephone calls for LM and other staff of the Legal Service. Provides administrative information in response to telephone enquiries. Keeps the business contact address list up to date in cooperation with other secretaries of the legal service.
6. Arrangement of official travel Prepares and organises official travel for the Legal Service’s legal experts in cooperation with the Bank’s Travel Agent. Prepares claims for travel expenses.
7. Preparation of seminars and meetings Puts together dossiers and other documentation for meetings, where necessary in cooperation with the Documentalists. Books meeting and/or conference rooms and organises business lunches and dinners inside and outside the Bank.
8. PC Works with BIS standard software and special applications. Creates templates and individual forms. Provides expert level services with regard to SharePoint.
9. Miscellaneous Replaces administrative colleagues during vacations and other absences.
10. Other Carries out other tasks, such as participating in departmental and/or Bank-wide projects if and when required.
- Secretarial / administrative diploma
- Sound knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to type under dictation in English (French and German would be a plus)
- Excellent language skills in English, and, if possible, German and French
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and to cope with pressure
- Flexibility with regard to type of work and working hours
- Three years of secretarial and administrative experience, preferably in an international environment
Application closing date: 22nd September 2019