Your contribution to our mission
In our role as a bank for central banks, we manage reserves for central banks and international financial institutions. We adopt a prudent approach to financial risk-taking, with risk management policies designed to ensure that risks are identified, appropriately measured, monitored and controlled. Therefore the risk management tools and systems you will help develop are vitally important to running our business, and must meet our highly specific requirements.
You will be part of the Risk Methodology team that ensures the validation and implementation of models for the management and measurement of financial and operational risks, and also contributes to the model validation of valuation models. Informed and inspired by the vast portfolio of new technologies and ways of working that are available nowadays, the IT team lead risk management system enhancement initiatives and ensure the support and product management of the IT systems.
A technical role at the heart of Risk Management
This is a role that straddles both business analysis and development. You will help analyse our Risk Management processes and systems, and then help to create these solutions through an agile workflow in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
Specifically, you will:
- analyse, design, implement and test bespoke .NET business applications, interfaces and services for Risk Management;
- analyse and design business processes with a view to create efficiencies by reliable and controlled automation;
- support the team in designing and further developing Risk Management’s IT architecture; and
- oversee the selection, implementation and maintenance of IT solutions and take primary responsibility for the reliability of Risk Management’s IT systems.
Implementation of Risk Strategy and Policy
- Working closely with the other units in Risk Management, contribute to the development of infrastructure and business processes with the aim of effectively and efficiently managing financial and operational risks while promoting a strong risk control culture.
IT development and maintenance
- Undertake analysis of business processes and document business requirements
- Develop business applications for Risk Management, interfaces and services
- Contribute to the selection, specification, implementation, system testing and operation of IT systems to support Risk Management activities
- Assist in developing Risk Management’s IT strategy, taking into account major technological trends relevant to the business area
- Set and follow IT design standards using industry best practices
- Utilise specialised business/institutional knowledge and technical skills to support end users in Risk Management
- Provide production support for business applications within Risk Management
- Ensure that Risk Management IT systems are stable, reliable and appropriately documented
- Contribute to the implementation of new products in Risk Management systems to ensure that Risk Management’s performance and risk measures appropriately reflect the resultant risks
- Support end users in Risk Management in the development and maintenance of business tools and small applications
- Manage implementation projects and reports to steering committees
- Contribute to an efficient and effective workflow in Risk Management
- Contribute to an appropriate management of operational risks within the Risk Methodology unit, including effective business continuity processes
Your qualifications and experience
- Graduate degree in computer science or another IT/engineering related technical field
- Experience in providing IT solutions to a risk management function
- Excellent knowledge in C# / .NET full-stack development including modern DevOps solutions and micro-services, ASP.NET core, WPF/WCF and SQLServer / NoSQL databases
- Containers, Kafka and Vue.js experience desirable
- Very good experience in designing, specifying and implementing reliable and efficient IT solutions used for risk management processes across risk types
- An open mind: someone who will enjoy the exposure to different areas within the organisation, and continually improve, learn and adapt with the team context
- Proven ability to actively contribute in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment following agile development methodologies
- Solid English writing skills, including the ability to write clear business specifications as well as technical system documentation
What you can expect in return Simply put, we want your time at the BIS to be a career-enriching experience. We offer a genuinely unique international working environment which will give you exposure to a number of business areas and expert networks. You will also receive a competitive compensation package net of tax, including health insurance, and a comprehensive support package to help you relocate smoothly.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.