The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) is currently inviting applications for the position of Senior Policy Advisor (Executive Coordinator). The IAIS represents insurance regulators and supervisors from 200 jurisdictions.The IAIS works closely with other international institutions to promote global financial stability.
Reporting directly to the Secretary General, the Executive Coordinator works closely with the IAIS Senior Management Team (SMT) to facilitate the effective and efficient workflow management and coordination of Secretariat activities, in a “Chief of Staff” capacity. Duties include the following:
- Acting as an adviser to the Secretary General and senior management team on progressing the activities of the Association.
- Facilitating effective decision-making by the Secretary General and SMT.
- Acting as a conduit for pertinent and often confidential information respecting the operation of the Secretariat and the IAIS’ policy development work.
- Coordinating the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Ensuring that IAIS internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Performing any other relevant work as assigned or delegated.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience working with executives and advising decision makers / senior management, preferably in a public sector organisation.
- Proven record of accomplishment of working strategically and collaboratively across teams.
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented.
- Experience in managing high profile projects and activities in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated independence, proactivity, diplomacy and the ability to build consensus amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Capacity to work well in time- and/or information-constrained circumstances.
- Ability to work constructively with colleagues from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities within the Secretariat and within the IAIS membership.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and clear manner both internally and externally.
Desirable experience including (but not limited to):
- Familiarity with the business, supervision and regulation of insurance as well as other financial services (eg banking and securities).
- Good knowledge of the work of the IAIS.
- Skills in at least one of the other two official IAIS languages (French, Spanish) will be a plus.
Application closing date: 29 September 2019