PhD Fellowship programme (Monetary and Economic Department)
Are you a PhD student in economics, finance or a related field? Do you want to acquire practical experience in policy research and analysis in monetary and financial stability issues?
The PhD fellowship programme at the BIS offers you the opportunity to work in an international financial institution at the intersection of research and policy, working alongside experienced economists and research analysts. This programme will give you practical experience in supporting central banks and other financial authorities and contributing to high-level meetings and BIS publications.
Programme duration: between 3 and 11 months Start date: flexible
- Conduct research in collaboration with BIS economists
- Research topics related to the characteristics of financial intermediation, financial innovation and digitisation, post-crisis monetary and financial stability frameworks and the global economy and spillovers
- Enrolment in a PhD programme in economics, finance or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of financial and monetary economics, with specialisation in topics relevant to the BIS research agenda
- Experience in conducting research in relevant fields
- Ability to apply tools used in economic analysis to a range of topics
What do we offer? If you are selected, you will receive a contract for a period between three months and up to 11 months. We offer a competitive net of tax salary, health insurance coverage and travel and relocation assistance. This position is in Basel, Switzerland, and our status as an international organisation allows us to recruit globally regardless of nationality.
To apply please submit your CV (in English) including the names of at least two referees and a cover letter summarising your research topics.
Application deadline: Monday 30 September 2019
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.