Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the Lebanon Enterprise Development (LED) project is to facilitate the provision of business development services and solutions to Lebanese firms, enabling them to expand their activities, increase sales and create jobs. The contract will apply a problem solving buyer-led approach to the key constraints that stand in the way of Lebanese small and medium enterprises (SMEs) consummating sales transactions, growing and hiring more people.Responsibilities
- Develops and implements Business Development Services strategiesfor SMEs
- Responsible for overall SME growth and employment generation strategy, activities and team with clear focus on results (jobs and revenue)
- Leverages and develops private and public sector relationships for demand driven employment generation activities
- Strengthens business skills of target groups, and facilitates linkages along the value chains
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in business development
- Experience working in the private sector (e.g. company sales or management) or with the private sector (e.g. association or chamber) driving growth in markets and/or optimizing business performance.
- Experience managing professional technical teams to deliver results.
- Advanced degree in business, economics, marketing, finance, or other closely related field
- Experience working directly with SMEs, particularly opening up new market opportunities
- Fluency in Arabic and English required