Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Kyrgyzstan. Based in Bishkek, the project seeks to improve early grade learning outcomes in the Kyrgyz Republic for 300,000 students in grades one through four. To reach this goal, the project seeks to improve instructional quality in reading and math; improve formal and non-formal learning environments; and strengthen the Kyrgyz education system. The project will also include a focus on inclusive education and community engagement.
The Director of Finance and Administration will manage administrative, financial, and procurement processes in compliance with donor rules and regulations. S/he will design, implement, and supervise adherence to financial policy, budgets, and internal control measures. S/he will develop and implement financial and personnel procedures in compliance with Creative and donor policies; oversee the compliant management of the grants fund; manage payroll; draft periodic and annual reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information; support the development of documentation and written materials relating to the project; and respond to inquiries on the status of financial information. The Director of Finance and Administration will track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field offices and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses. S/he will ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with Creative’s financial management guidelines prior to payments.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Chief of Party.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures;
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations;
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Maintain project financial and contractual files;
- Develop financial procedures manual;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information; and
- Complete monthly field expense reports
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in senior financial management positions;
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Master’s degree in a finance‐related field; an additional two (2) years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree;
- Prior work in the Central Asia region is highly desirable; and
- Fluency in English.