CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID’s Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity program. The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on the monitoring of technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Chief of Party (COP) will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. Illustrative responsibilities may include the following:
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate and Bangladesh staff.
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services as directed by the Mission.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including Annual Work Plans and other reports.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience is preferred in the followig areas: public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferrably in developing countries;
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high performing teams.
- Must possess experience managing similar multifaceted projects in the past. In addition, it is essential for the COP to have the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in Bangladesh and/or South Asia is desired.