CAMRIS seeks an Evaluation Team Lead for the upcoming USAID’s Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity. The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through the delivery of strong performance, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management services.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Evaluation Team Lead will be responsible for overall management and functioning of all evaluation, assessment, and special study activities. This includes the following:
- Overseeing all aspects of evaluation, assessment and special study activities, such as planning, budgeting, staffing, design and implementation of each assigned activity.
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
- Securing appropriate qualified staff.
- Managing an internal local team of evaluation specialists, and external short-term consultants.
- Providing relevant technical guidance.
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, research methods, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
- At least ten (10) years of international development experience involved in either monitoring and evaluation, project management, project design, or strategy development.
- Experience in designing and conducting project and activity evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
- Experience designing, conducting and managing impact evaluations.
- Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations and, fluency with a statistical software package desired.
- Strong data analysis, English report writing, and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively manage activities in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with USAID is preferred.
- Experience working in South Asia is desired.