Contract Type: Contract staff
Grade: FG IV
Location: Hungary (Budapest)
Vacancy Type: Public
Liaison Officer will represent increased role and visibility of the Agency in the context of the European Agendas on Migration and Security as well as dedicated Communications and Action Plans addressed to alleviate the migration pressure, fight against the terrorism and promoting a better use of the existing Agencies in respective field. The Liaison Officer will facilitate the dialogue and exchange of information with the European Union institutions on subject matters relevant to CEPOL’s mandate and responsibilities. S/he will contribute to the strategic management and overall communication of CEPOL towards its stakeholders at EU level and will strengthen the visibility by developing and broadening the cooperation with the EU Institutions namely European Commission, Council of the European Union, European Parliament and Justice and Home Affairs Agencies present in Brussels. Liaison Officer will participate on a daily basis at the meetings organised in Brussels, where and when required, to facilitate more efficient planning, implementation and evaluation of training activities relevant to CEPOL both on the policy and operational level.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Head of Operations, the Liaison Officer will be responsible for:
- liaising, developing and maintaining working relations and cooperation with Member States, European Commission, the Council and the Parliament as well as with other EU Agencies present in Brussels;
- facilitating the dialogue and exchange of information with the institutions and attending meetings on subject matters relevant to the CEPOL mandate and responsibilities;
- facilitating CEPOL dialogue with other international organisation and Academia relevant to the mandate of CEPOL;
- identifying and advising CEPOL management as appropriate on political and legislation initiatives of the European Union, which are relevant to the mandate and work of the CEPOL;
- advising on, organising and facilitating events for the stakeholders of CEPOL to promote its capacities and develop partnerships;
- organising and attending the visits of CEPOL staff to Brussels and brief them on the issues related to the political/institutional developments relevant to CEPOL;
- contributing to the annual planning and other planning exercises as required;
- acting as officer-in-charge for the office when needed;
- performing other related duties as required.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
proven working experience in the Permanent Representation of a Member State to the European Union, especially, in the areas directly related to the mandate of the Agency
proven working experience in a European Institution or EU Agency in the areas related to the mandate of the Agency.