We are looking for several theoretical physicists in the area of QCD collider physics and physics beyond the standard model and our search will therefore be targeted preferentially towards a theoretical physicist with experience in this specific field.
The objectives of the Theoretical Physics Department are:
- Develop new theoretical ideas aimed at understanding the fundamental constituents and forces of nature.
- Develop their relevance for the experimental programme of CERN and to take full advantage of the stimulating environment of a large laboratory.
- Contribute to the general scientific culture at CERN through active participation in the various training programmes and promotion of scientific events on site.
Your main functions will include:
- Making significant contributions to theoretical research related to elementary particle physics.
- Participating in and initiating a large variety of activities within the Theoretical Physics Department and possibly in collaboration with the experimental physicists working at CERN.
- Taking part in CERN committees and study groups.
- Helping maintain continued contacts with the outside scientific community.
PhD, or equivalent relevant experience in the field of physics, or a related field.
Thorough knowledge of theoretical physics. Approximately 5 to 10 years’ post-doctoral research activities which have led to the publication of high quality scientific papers on subjects linked to the research carried out at CERN. Evidence of ability to make significant contributions to the work of the Organization.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts. Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com