PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Chief of Party for the impending USAID/Kenya Strategic Information project to be based in Nairobi out of the established PATH Kenya Country Program. There will be a dual linkage between the HQ-based Digital Health Solutions group and the Kenya Country Program.
- Provide management support to the Kenya team and serve as performance leader for selected team members as
- The COP shall provide overall strategic leadership and oversight to the achievement of deliverables.
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison with USAID Kenya, the Ministry of Health, international and regional partners, and county governments.
- Supervise project technical staff, including the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), and technical line managers, ensuring that they are successfully managing project activities and achieving deliverables.
- Initiate and manage effective collaborative partnerships.
- Oversee annual project work planning and periodic reporting to the donor.
- Oversees compliance with the goals set in the contract and with USAID regulations and PATH policies and systems.
- Contribute to the design of project monitoring and evaluation systems and oversee project evaluations to assess progress and implement recommended solutions.
- Represent the project at meetings with stakeholders including donor convened forums.
- Chair monthly project Senior Management Team (SMT) and technical meetings.
- A Masters level degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Business Administration, Project Management, Management Information Systems and Public Policy and Management, or related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in international public health or development program implementation with at least five years in a leadership position interacting with donor government agencies, host country governments, and international donor agencies, preferably in Africa.
- Strong technical, health program and financial management background, and ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities.
- In depth knowledge of developing country government systems and procedures for managing complex programs with many sites and partners are mandatory.
- Demonstrated expertise in health information systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation.
- Depth and breadth of management expertise and experience, a solid professional reputation, interpersonal skills and professional relationships to fulfill the requirements of the activity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage technical teams and multi-partner collaborative projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with USAID, implementing partners, institutions at the national and regional level, local nongovernmental organizations, and community-based organizations and structures.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of SPSS, Microsoft Office Suite or comparable professional software package—specific competence in the use of word processing, presentation, email and calendaring software required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Tableau software is an added advantage
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Swahili an asset.
- Experience in Kenya is strongly preferred.
- USAID cooperative agreement management experience highly preferred.
- Ability to travel in-country as necessary; limited international travel expected.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Company Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular