Chief of Party, USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include U.S. government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the U.S. Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations and non-profits.
The five-year $50-100 million USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) will encapsulate all monitoring and evaluation for the Mission under one contract. The four key components will consist of the following:
- Evaluation technical support services
- Monitoring technical support services
- Learning and adaptive management services
- Program support services
The solicitation is anticipated to be released on February 28, 2017 with an estimated award date of July 31, 2017.
Social Impact is seeking a full-time Chief of Party to propose on our team and manage the eventual AMELA contract. This position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Chief of Party will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
Serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, provide central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. Illustrative responsibilities may include the following:
- Manage the field office, including supervision of local and expatriate staff based in Afghanistan.
- Collaborate with SI’s headquarters office and local office staff to identify and nominate, for USAID approval, technical experts for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Afghanistan, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting evaluation and performance management support tasks.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management support activities tasks.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Transfer knowledge to local staff.
- Graduate degree in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing and evaluating multimillion dollar development projects.
- Previous experience serving as a Chief of Party or senior-level field management experience such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience working on donor-funded mechanisms in Afghanistan or similar conflict environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise long-term field staff, administrative aspects of a field office(s), and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Familiarity with USG policy related to evaluation and performance management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English required.