Legal Advisor (Grade A1/A2)
Salary: 4 600€ per month
Contract Type: Renewable fixed-term contract
Reference: Vacancy Notice n°34/2019
The Council of Europe and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) are looking for a dynamic Legal Advisor with experience in dealing with health-related legal issues.
The main responsibilities of the job:
The successful applicant will provide sound legal advice with regard to scientific topics, and foster and facilitate communication between legal and scientific-technical fields. For example, he/she will coordinate and monitor the preparation of Council of Europe resolutions in close collaboration with the expert groups and steering committees and provide support in the examination of legal issues related to blood transfusion, donation and transplantation/human application of organs, tissues and cells, as well as consumer health protection, pharmaceutical care, the fight against falsified medicines and the quality of medicines. To get an idea of the kind of work involved, have a look at our website.
More details are available in the vacancy notice.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- hold a higher education degree or qualification in law;
- have at least 3 years’ experience in providing legal advice in health-related legal issues (for example, in the field of blood transfusion, transplantation medicine, pharmaceutical care, falsified medicines, the quality of medicines or consumer health protection) gained, for example, in the private sector, an international organisation or a national competent authority;
- have a very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (English) in oral and written communication and knowledge of the other (French);
- awareness of international public health and legal issues related to the work of the EDQM;
- basic understanding of scientific-technical issues in these fields;
- ability to analyse information on a wide range of complex legal issues, identify the legal questions at stake and generate workable solutions to problems
What we offer:
- a great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of public health – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site);
- a chance to grow and shape one’s career, while building relationships and communicating complex legal issues with colleagues from a scientific background;
- highly competitive, income tax-free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
Applications must be submitted by 21/10/2019 (midnight French Time) at the latest.
For more information and how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
 Gross, as of 1 January 2019