TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe’s Strategic Initiatives team partners with leading multinational corporations to develop and implement innovative business models to create and capture shared value in emerging markets. Examples of TechnoServe’s work in this space includes designing and implementing a model to double the incomes of smallholder mango farmers in The Coca-Cola Company’s supply chain in East Africa, helping Vodafone to develop and roll out mobile solutions for agribusinesses that deliver commercial value and increase smallholder farmer incomes and resilience and supporting Nespresso to regenerate South Sudan’s coffee sector after 30 years of civil conflict.
We are seeking a dynamic independent consultant with a background in management consulting, strong client hands and analytical skills and commitment to TechnoServe’s mission to work with the Strategic Initiatives team. As an independent consultant with our team, you will lead the development of new, cutting edge business solutions that impact the lives of thousands of people in the world’s poorest places.The Strategic Initiative Consultant will lead 1-2 strategy projects with leading multinational corporations focused on embedding shared value in their business practices while collaborating with TechnoServe’s country teams working across Africa and Latin America.
As Consultant, Strategic Initiatives you will:
- Developing sustainability and or/sustainable sourcing strategies
- Reviewing and analyzing corporate supply chains
- Designing local economic development programs
- Structure, design and conduct primary and secondary research in emerging markets, including review and analysis of relevant existing reports and data, as well as conducting stakeholder and expert interviews
- Develop analytical models and conduct quantitative analyses
- Synthesize findings and deliver regular progress reviews
- Prepare and present final deliverables
- Alongside the consultant’s engagement with corporate partners, the consultant will also support Strategic Initiatives’ new business development and analyze relevant global development issues
Exact deliverables will vary based on the specific corporate partner engagement; however, they typically include but are not limited to:
- An Excel model of market sizing, cost-benefit analyses, etc.
- A PowerPoint document summarizing analyses performed, findings and recommendations
You will have:
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum five years of work experience, including at least two years at a top tier management consulting firm
- Work experience in a developing country, preferably related to agriculture or small business development
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, flexibility and responsively
- Proven analytical and financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, teamwork and relationship building
- Strong command of MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Able to adapt to changing working conditions
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel to countries in Africa and/or Latin America for 4-8 week periods, depending on the needs of the project
- Fluency in English required, professional proficiency in Spanish or French preferred
Instructions We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Please send applications to email@example.com with the subject line “Application – Strategic Initiatives (SI) Consultant”. Applications should be a single document consisting of a cover letter and resume, titled in “first_name last_name” format. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com