Career Opportunities: Director, On-Site Inspection Division
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, plan and implement the programmatic activities of the Division for the achievement of the work programme;
- Provide expert advice and guidance on policy issues, establish and adapt procedures and practices to improve effectiveness and efficiency and respond to a wide variety of concerns relevant to the work of the Division;
- Review and analyze the work programme and assess the quality and effectiveness of its implementation. Propose to the Executive Secretary any changes to increase the effectiveness, including use of human and financial resources;
- Direct the preparation of the programme and budget for the Division, confer with senior managers, appraise inputs and ascertain that major goals and priorities are in line with higher management objectives; present the Division’s budget at meetings of senior managers;
- Appraise the achievement of goals set within the Division and examine with senior managers restraints and prospects with a view to ensure enhanced co-ordination, team work and continued maximum efficiency in the allocation and use of human and financial resources;
- Manage the staff of the Division to ensure the optimal staffing and provide appropriate direction and guidance to staff to complete the planned programme of work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- An advanced university degree in physics or in the field related to the international affairs/policy, preferably at the Ph.D. level.
- At least fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience of which more than five (5) years should have been in a senior managerial position preferably in a multi-cultural international environment (experience in multilateral diplomacy would be an asset);
- Experience in disarmament/non-proliferation issues, experience and knowledge of matters related to developing on-site inspection procedures is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated professional competence in directing, managing, and planning programmes and projects related to on-site inspections.
- Proven experience in policy formulation and analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential;
- Knowledge of other official CTBTO languages is desirable.
Login or register to apply for this job