Chief Information Technology Officer – CTBTO
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be accountable to the Executive Secretary on decisions related to the governance of the PTS’ information technology architecture, security, communications, networks and applications development, driving the development of enterprise technology standards, and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers best value to the PTS;
- Serve as Chair of the Central Information Technology Management (CITM) Board and consult with the CITM in order to improve cross-Divisional coordination of and advice on Information Technology (IT) efforts; report to the Senior Steering Committee for IT on high level IT oversight issues, propose major IT projects for approval and present other issues escalated from the CITM Board to senior management;
- Provide a forum to coordinate and oversee all IT activities in the PTS. Work closely with IT focal points in the relevant divisions and sections to guide them in defining their IT strategy, development of business technology activities leading to the elaboration of future business processes, products and services, and to build relationships and create synergies across the PTS to enable cost-effective and innovative IT solutions;
- Remain current on new technologies and platforms, identify emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the PTS infrastructure to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the Organization’s growth and objectives; develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to PTS senior management and staff;.
- Coordinate the cross-divisional use of Long-Term Agreements (LTAs), maintain IT resource inventories for the PTS and develop a service centre approach for managing IT services as well as working with Human Resources Services and Divisional focal points on the CITM Board to develop and align a ‘people’ strategy for PTS IT;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or discipline.
- At least 10 years progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation of information systems and/or IT infrastructure, preferably part of which should have been in an international environment.
- Proven experience of successful IT project management and four to five years of leadership responsibilities is essential.
- Ability to defend and explain complex issues with respect to key decisions. Readiness and ability to act as a spokesperson and promoter both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential;
- Working knowledge of one of the other official languages of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission is an asset.
Closing date for applications 01 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com