About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID project, Tunisia Community Resilience, that is expected to promote resilience at the community level, with the goal of addressing drivers of violent extremism, building community engagement and identity, and strengthening social cohesion between marginalized populations and the rest of Tunisia.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) in overseeing project implementation and will have a role in providing direct technical support to staff and partners.
The DCOP will assist the COP with all responsibilities, including the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction, ensuring timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results. He/she will serve as the secondary institutional liaison with USAID. The DCOPwill assist the COP with all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial, and ensure that procedures are adhered to for activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting. The DCOP will have significant technical experience, including monitoring and evaluation, combined with strong communication skills. FHI 360 anticipates that the DCOP will be based in Tunis. The position is contingent on funding.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief of Party with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure project compliance with all contractual reporting and financial requirements of USAID and FHI 360
- Management of deadlines, drafting of reports, maintenance of records, and monitoring achievement of benchmarks in the contract
- Assist the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Tunisia counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners
- Provide oversight of program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), ensuring the quality of data collected and reported
- Serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results
- Master’s or higher degree in a relevant field such as conflict resolution, international development, law, political science, or related social sciences
- Seven years of experience managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those funded by USAID
- Experience implementing and providing technical assistance to peacebuilding, youth engagement, community resilience, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE) projects
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Proven leadership and organizational skills to successfully manage and coordinate large and disparate work groups
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with diverse local counterparts including government representatives, civil society organizations, donors, and donor-funded implementers
- Proven human resource management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Sound knowledge of Tunisia social and political dynamics
- Fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English; fluency in French and/or Arabic
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.