Application closing date: 8 May 2018
Cedefop is the European Agency that promotes the development of vocational education and training (VET) in the European Union. It provides information, research and analysis on VET, skills and qualifications. It supports evidence-based policy-making in areas such as the implementation of European tools or anticipation of skill needs, and improves understanding of qualifications and skills to promote European cooperation, mobility and mutual learning.
- Prepare and implement Cedefop’s multiannual strategy and annual work programme;
- Ensure the quality of Cedefop’s work and advance the Agency’s excellence and expertise on VET, skills and qualifications;
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Agency fostering a sound work environment;
- Ensure Cedefop is effectively represented at the most senior level in its dealings with the European institutions and bodies throughout the European Union, Member States, social partners and other stakeholders.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including proven experience in managing budget, financial and human resources in multinational and multidisciplinary environment;
- High level of interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and oral communication/negotiation skills; proven experience in managing complex and politically sensitive relationships with different stakeholders;
- Good understanding of the EU VET policy, EU institutions and broader EU policies of relevance to Cedefop’s role and activities.