We are currently conducting Outreach for this position. Once you have applied let us know by connecting with our Outreach Team.
Application closing date: 7 July 2018
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed professionals wishing to make a change.
We are building a SMART Enterprise that partners with the business to benefit the Palestine refugees
The Information Management Department (IMD) is a strategic enabler of UNRWA’s programmes in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and Gaza. With over 35,000 staff members serving over 5 million Palestine refugees, the Agency’s programmes deliver direct services to the refugees in the areas of education, health, relief and social service, infrastructure and camp improvement, and microfinance services. IMD is always at the forefront when it comes to introducing innovative business solutions that impact the organization’s overall value chain even as it embarks towards a future ready state that is defined by the SMART Enterprise Strategic Framework.
Do you want to make a lasting difference?
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you. In this role, you will direct and manage staff and resources of the Information Management Department (IMD), providing leadership to the Department and ensuring that ICT support services across the Agency are efficient, effective and to the highest standards. You will also serve as a member of UNRWA’s senior management team and ensure that the objectives and activities of IMD are in line with the Agency’s mandate and strategic direction.
The main responsibilities include:
- Managing the ICT Governance framework on behalf of the Agency; researching, developing and promulgating ICT policy and strategy via the ICT Governance Board to ensure that UNRWA manages its ICT resources in accordance with best practices; providing the secretariat function to the ICT Governance Board; leading, coordinating and providing up-to-date strategic direction to the Agency’s ICT plans, systems and projects; ensuring the provision of technical guidance on Technology Services and Information Management Services to HQs & Field Offices; ensuring that TSD and IMSD strategic and technical plans and activities are aligned with Agency Mid-Term Strategy and policy framework;
- Directing, managing and evaluating the Agency’s Enterprise Application Architecture in conformity with ICT policy and strategy including maintenance of existing enterprise applications, enhancement of existing enterprise applications, project management and coordination of new enterprise applications and technical oversight of Field applications approved by the ICT Governance Board and in accordance with Agency standards and priorities;
- Providing technical leadership and coordinating the Agency’s transformation programmes; driving strategic business and operational solutions to maximize organizational effectiveness and efficiency through:
I. Leading assessment of integrated business intelligence requirements identified by key stakeholders;
II. Establishing and managing an effective data warehouse and business intelligence platform in response to Agency needs;
III. Supporting business transformation planning based on the extraction and analysis of ICT activity data, leading to the identification and implementation of staff, organizational and resource efficiency measures.
- Establishing ICT infrastructure policies and work plans; directing, managing and evaluating Agency-wide provision of ICT infrastructure services, including hardware management, licensing, connectivity arrangements, provision of appropriate internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained especially with regard to authentication, access control, audit logs, physical security, remote access, implementing appropriate disaster recovery and business continuity arrangements and leading and integrating the provision of appropriate technical service support arrangements Agency-wide;
- Directing and providing effective leadership for the department; evaluating progress and performance; ensuring exchange of information, experience and learning; developing new strategies and identifying courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of ICT services in accordance with direction received from the ICT Governance Board; developing and establishing work plans for departmental staff; monitoring compliance with the same and ensuring that the needs of the department are met in terms of staff requirements, budgeting and financial control; ensuring effective use of staff and financial resources for the delivery of an efficient and timely information systems service to user departments;
- Directing, managing and integrating ICT operations Agency-wide in coordination with concerned Fields, Departments, Field ICT Officers and related commercial and UN service providers to ensure continuity of operations and provision of an efficient enterprise ICT service; managing relationships with external ICT partners including but not limited to other UN entities to align strategy and policy, UN service providers, commercial service providers and government bodies concerned with ICT issues;
- Ensuring that Department and Field ICT staff maintain state of the art technical knowledge through continual professional development.
Conditions of service
UNRWA offers an attractive compensation package including annual salary starting at $97,805 net tax free with post adjustment of 46.1% (subject to change without notice). All UNRWA duty stations (with the exception of Gaza and Syria) are family duty stations. Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
Will be required to travel in the Agency’s area of operations in the Middle East.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Experience in information systems applications for enterprise resource planning, education, health and social welfare administration;
- Working knowledge of spoken and written Arabic.