Type of contract:Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent contract after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply: EU nationals
Salary:F/G band and benefits
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Monday, 25 March 2019
You will be part of the Data Analytics Domain Services Division in the Directorate General Information Systems (DG/IS). We are a team of around 40 colleagues responsible for delivering data-centric services and applications, a number of which are business critical, to the ECB and the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) in the fields of statistics, economics and research. We focus on collecting, processing, analysing and disseminating data. These IT services are based on traditional database technologies as well as on the latest big data techniques delivered by a transversal Data Intelligence Service Centre.
In your role as IT Expert – Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating technical project tasks across large ESCB and/or ECB projects and activities, as well as liaising with the DG/IS divisions Infrastructure & Operations Services, Innovation & Architecture Services and Digital Security Services and coordinating activities with vendors’ technical experts to develop and deploy technical solutions in line with DG/IS tools and standards. You will help to ensure that the required solution is properly designed, delivered, maintained and supported in accordance with the scope, strategy and level of quality set out in the acceptance criteria.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As IT Expert – Technical Coordinator you will:
- analyse functional and non-functional requirements, design solutions, guide development, develop solution proof of concepts and supporting pilots, perform technical and performance testing during the preparation of new, or maintenance of existing, IT applications, which typically include relational database, Web applications and business intelligence components;
- design data models, including the development and maintenance of the formal description of the data and data structures;
- write and/or review functional and technical (including security-related) specifications to form the basis for the work of external IT service providers or IT operational support functions;
- investigate and troubleshoot application behaviour issues (including performance) in coordination with the relevant support teams;
- coordinate test and production deployments of application patches and new releases;
- produce technical and operational documentation;
- contribute to the implementation of the Division’s data centricity vision.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to contribute to the development and delivery of IT services supporting highly business critical processes using state-of-the-art IT tools and infrastructure. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent in information systems or another relevant field (for details on degree equivalences, read more);
- in addition to the above, a minimum of three years’ experience in developing business intelligence and data analytics solutions;
- sound experience of systems architecture, design, development and integration;
- good understanding of IT project management methodologies and IT project execution processes;
- experience in drafting technical scope of work proposals and in presenting them orally;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- an advanced knowledge of relational database systems, preferably Oracle RDBMS and SQL, and practical experience with Oracle PL/SQL;
- an advanced knowledge of architecture and design of Java-Tomcat applications;
- exposure to high data volume environments, as well as experience in data warehouse performance tuning;
- experience with automated code quality verification and continuous integration solutions, preferably based on SonarQube and Jenkins;
- experience with service management procedures and standards (e.g. ITIL and ISO20000).
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs. You are skilled at encouraging people to develop their abilities and are able to build up high-performing teams.