Salary: from 2 600€/month
Contract Type: Renewable fixed-term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n°15/2020
Deadline for applications: 17/06/2020
Do you have experience in working with customers on import and export issues? Are you able to deal with high-volume data entry into customs-related databases? Are you organised and motivated? If the answer to these questions is yes, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join our team here at the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM), part of the Council of Europe.
The main responsibilities of the job
As a Customs Assistant, you will provide support for the export and import (customs clearance) of EDQM reference standards and samples as well as take care of the administrative tasks relating to shipments and customer/supplier contacts. More details are available in the vacancy notice.
To be eligible to apply you must
- hold a completed general secondary education, followed by a vocational qualification in the field of customs;
have a minimum of 2 years’ relevant professional experience in similar function; practical experience and knowledge of French procedures and regulations related to customs and export/import;
- have a very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (French) and working knowledge of the other (English);
- have sound computer knowledge of standard tools in office applications, in particular Excel.
What we offer
- a great opportunity to contribute to the export of a range of chemical, herbal and biological products (a number of which are classified as dangerous, psychotropic drugs or as narcotics) to over 100 countries worldwide; the chance to work in an ISO 9001 certified environment;
- the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – people from more than 20 nationalities work at the EDQM, which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site);
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
Applications must be submitted by 17/06/2020 (midnight French Time) at the latest.