The Education Monitoring and Evaluation Expert is responsible for development and implementation of M&E Framework, Performance Monitoring, Programme Reporting, Research and Evaluations and Communications. He/she will lead the generation of a credible body of evidence from VSO work for learning, programme quality assurance and decision making. He/she will be responsible for leading and coordinating all M&E related activities for all Promotion of Child Friendly Teaching and Learning through various project activities, thus enabling VSO Education Programme to measure the progress and impact of its development activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Supports Project’s M & E data collation and management systems globally in line with the M & E framework particularly in respect of annual Partnership Reviews, annual Country Reviews; and external reporting requirements.
- Ensures the integrity and quality of data in support of Project’s M & E programme,
- Proactively demonstrates the value of M & E data by generating insightful analytical reports that add value to Project’s interpretation of that data.
- Contributes to the further development of Project’s global M & E framework, seeking alignment and harmonization of internal and external information needs and requirements.
- Provides technical advice and support in the design and delivery of monitoring and evaluation initiatives to ensure rigorous methodologies are applied across Project;
- Strengthens Project research, evaluation and monitoring practices by:
- Provision of Guidance and training on data collation and evaluation tools;
- Implementation of user-friendly means of data collection and analysis;
- Supports data collation and management practices for individual M & E initiatives across Project.
- Keeps abreast of and engages in emerging methodologies and tools for shares these across Project;
- Supports internal and external peer review processes to provide technical quality assurance of the Project M & E initiatives.
Grows the evidence base
- Strengthens and broadens the Project’s use of mixed method approaches employing qualitative and quantitative methods to its work;
- Support the Project analysis and interpretation of M & E data.
- Connects M & E activities across Project where there are opportunities for sharing knowledge, practices and maximizing the value of data cost-effectively.
Due to the nature of our volunteer placements, it is possible that the responsibilities of this role may differ in reality and therefore the postholder will need to be prepared to be flexible and adapt to their environment as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge
- At-least 3 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation including designing and managing of results based M & E Systems for donor funded projects;
- University degree in relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience in using mobile technology and cloud based MIS systems
- Knowledge and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis approaches;
- Knowledge of and experience with impact assessment methods;
- Strong analytical, training, supervision and writing skills;
- Strong IT skills – knowledge and experience in designing databases using Excel, Access and knowledge of SPSS and other statistical packages is highly desirable;
- to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Self-starter with initiative and confidence to lead in their designated field – can work independently and prioritize own work load
- Excellent team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in a ‘Development’ context/ INGOs
- Being up-to-date on the current international debate around development effectiveness and research and evaluation methodologies