The purpose of this call is to establish a talent pool (reserve list) that may be used for the recruitment of staff when a position becomes available and will be valid until 31/12/2020. The validity of the talent pool may be extended.
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
Are you a passionate HR professional with proven experience in the area of talent selection? Do you keep up with the latest trends and best-in-class practices related to sourcing strategies and selection techniques and tools?
The Talent Selection Officer will play a key role in the sourcing of EFSA’s future talents and in the development of EFSA’s employer branding.
Your key responsibilities
• Develop and improve EFSA’s talent attraction and selection model / strategy;
• Liaise with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to determine sourcing needs and selection criteria, in alignment with EFSA’s strategy and the strategic workforce planning;
• Design job vacancies and ensure broad and targeted dissemination thereof;
• Organise, coordinate and manage selection procedures in compliance with EFSA’s policies and processes and in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders;
• Provide advice on selection techniques and tools and guidance in the interpretation of selection results;
• Contribute to the management of the organisation’s competency library and support the design of competency-based vacancy notices and job profiles.
You will play an active role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of 500 million EU citizens.
EFSA employs approximately 450 staff members, and its Scientific Committee and Panels engage highly qualified and independent scientific experts. Every position within EFSA plays an important part in creating an inspirational environment in which to work and develop.
You will be joining EFSA at an exciting time as we are preparing for the implementation of the revised General Food Law: EFSA will expand its mandate and grow considerably over the next few years.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Life in Parma
Parma is a lively city of around 200.000 inhabitants located in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna. Its centre is rich in art, there are parks and architecture from different periods. Parma is famous for its food, wine and its varied surrounding landscape with small villages, rich in history, medieval castles, and picturesque countryside. Parma is strategically located between major Italian cities like Milano and Bologna, and also within reachable distance of ski resorts, natural parks, seaside and mountains.
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS?
You must satisfy the following requirements on the closing date for submission of your application:
I. Eligibility criteria
1. General requirements
• Be national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway;
• Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
• Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by laws concerning military service;
• Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post;
• Have a thorough knowledge of one of the EU official languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language;
• Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma.
In case you do not fulfill all the eligibility criteria, your application will not be taken into consideration.
II. Selection criteria
1. Technical competencies
i. Professional experience in the area of talent selection, preferably gained in a multicultural environment;
ii. Experience in performing job market research and talent pool mapping in line with the organisation’s sourcing needs;
iii. Experience in designing competency-based job vacancies and job profiles;
iv. Experience with technical and behavioural competency-based interviewing techniques and latest assessment tools.
The following are considered assets:
v. Knowledge of the EU Staff Regulations and implementing provisions;
vi. Knowledge of HR IT tools/systems;
vii. Experience in designing and managing a competency library.
2. Behavioural competencies
i. Communication and English: Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written English;
ii. Working with others: Ability to work with others harmoniously and towards a common goal to obtain best results in the interest of EU citizens;
iii. Analysis and problem solving: Ability to identify the critical facts in difficult issues and develop creative and practical solutions;
iv. Drive for Results: Ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high quality work.
Application Closing Date: 10 September 2019 at midnight (local time).
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com
Login or register to apply for this job