Contract Type: Trainee
Location: Parma (PR)
Vacancy Type: Public
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), based in Parma, Italy is opening positions for Trainees (All Units and Departments)
Deadline for applications: 1st July 2019 at midnight (local time)
Is this Traineeship for me?
Are you a young graduate looking for a challenging experience in a stimulating, dynamic and multicultural working environment? Do you want to contribute to our effort to keep the food of more than 500m people safe?
Look no further and apply for a traineeship at EFSA! As a trainee you will have a rich first-hand experience in an EU Agency taking part in several interesting activities together with our staff and partners. Seize the opportunity for a rewarding and challenging experience!
Your key objectives
Under the supervision of your traineeship adviser within the unit of assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get a first-hand experience into the workings of a scientific EU Agency, developing new competencies and skills in line with your personal interests and professional aspirations;
- Contribute to the overall objectives of the unit by supporting in drafting documents and reports, handling scientific and/or administrative work, searching and reviewing literature, and ensuring timely communication of outcomes;
- Contribute to specific projects and activities with new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring of the unit’s activities.
You will play an active role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of 500 million EU citizens.
EFSA employs approximately 440 staff members and its Scientific Committee and Panels engage highly qualified and independent scientific experts. Every position within EFSA plays an important part in creating an inspirational environment in which to work and develop.
EFSA key priorities are
- Prioritise public and stakeholder engagement in the process of scientific assessment;
- Widen EFSA’s evidence base and maximise access to its data;
- Build the EU’s scientific assessment capacity and knowledge community;
- Prepare for future risk assessment challenges;
- Create an environment and culture that reflect EFSA’s values of cooperation, innovation, openness, independence and scientific excellence.