Application closing date: 25 March 2019
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Risk Management and Best Banking Practices Division (RB) – Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit (CRR), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Credit Risk Software Specialist
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5,
with possibility to work part time (80% min.)
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of April/ beginning of May 2019.
You will support and initiate the development, implementation and maintenance of credit risk management solutions, covering a mix of off-the-shelf applications and bespoke solutions. These solutions ensure that the computations required for our Bank’s reporting are consistent, accurate and aligned with the standards outlined by the Basel Supervisory Committee.
You will report to the Head of Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit and closely cooperate with counterparties from Risk Management to ensure our Bank’s internal IT applications/solutions and controls are maintained.
Your main responsibilities:
- Handle a portfolio of numerous IT projects taking project management responsibilities for assigned risk application projects and ensure their completion within the set schedule, budget and quality objectives;
- Maintain a portfolio of several risk applications and ensure that software solutions are in line with IT policies and that qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved;
- Analyse, propose, build and implement possible technical solutions or customisations improvements, including the necessary processes, procedures, standards, methodologies and working tools in own domain;
- Highlight issues for complex operational and technical problemson assigned projects and act as a central coordinator ensuring delivery of expected risk solutions;
- Translate user specifications (detailed functional specifications) into programme code and produce the related documentation;
- Provide advice and recommendations following EIB/IT standards and methodologies in the risk applications field to ensure that IT solutions are conceived, developed and managed in line with business requirements.
- University degree in Information Technology, Mathematics or related fields.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in an IT function, either in the coordination, design, development, implementation or maintenance of risk management software such as Moody’s Analytics Risk Authority, CreditMetrics, SAS OpRisk or similar tools.
- Deep understanding of finance and risk management, including Basel regulatory frameworks, quantitative finance principles, ALM, credit and liquidity risk.
- Practical experience in software development life cycle and project management, experience in supervision of development teams would be an advantage.
- Experience with relational databases and development languages e.g. Unix scripting, Python, P/L SQL, PHP, Java/J2EE.
- Excellent knowledge of English, with a good command of French(*). Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.