Interested in this role? Speak to EIB at the European Union Careers Fair
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) – Head of Information & Reporting Division (IR), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Head of Information & Reporting Division
This is a full time position at grade 7
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Assessment Centres for selected applicants would take place end of November
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid December
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
You will build and manage strategies, fostering an effective partnership with business users, and ensuring the management of projects, maintenance and production services under the Information & Reporting Division’s responsibility and in-line with the EIB IT policies in order to deliver products and services in an efficient and timely manner.
There are two distinct areas currently covered by the Division:
- Corporate Applications: ERP (Financial and Human Resources), Workflow and Ticketing Systems (BMC), Inventory Systems, Facility Management Systems (Archibus)
- Digital Solutions: In-house developed applications used at corporate level and based on a diverse set of technologies; namely, Collaboration, Portals, Workflow Engines (Nintex), Document Management Systems (Opentext Livelink) and Middleware Systems (IBM Websphere)
This Division is subject to reorganisation. As a result, it may be split in to two Divisions: Digital Solutions Division and Corporate Applications Division. Therefore, please indicate in your application clearly, which one would have your preference.
You will report to the Head of Transversal Services Department.
Internally, you will work in close cooperation with Business users involved in IT projects and activities, Heads of Divisions within IT, Directors and our Senior Management.
Externally, you will actively cooperate with external suppliers of banking packages and specific specialists for the support of the technologies and project(s) in question.
- Design, build and communicate strategies and policies to ensure that the systems are in line with business requirements while remaining cost effective for the Bank and aligned with industry standards
- Establish work programmes following the agreed strategies, and manage related budgets, resources and service levels in a dedicated manner
- Ensure that Division staff have the right competencies, objectives, skills and motivation to realise the formulated IT strategies, in particular with regards to business analysis and project management as well as more general technical skills
- Provide leadership and mentoring on complex issues to staff members; ensure that business issues are addressed and decisions are taken in a timely manner
- Manage relationships within the Division, as well as representatives of the Directorates and external providers to build team spirit with those involved in key IT projects and ensure that appropriate IT-business relationships are built and maintained
- Digital Solutions: Drive the collaborative technologies programme across the Bank, including digital transformation and process optimisation
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science. A degree or certificate in banking or finance would be an advantage
- 10 years of experience in project management and/or support of production applications/services, in large corporations with a focus on the areas covered by the Division
- Corporate Applications: 5 years’ experience with ERP Solutions (Oracle Peoplesoft and/or SAP) and with Ticketing/Workflow systems (BMC)
- Digital Solutions: 5 years’ experience with Collaborative/End User Technology (Sharepoint, IBM Websphere, Opentext Livelink, etc.)
- Project Management Certification, either Prince2 or PMP/PMI would be an asset
- 5 years of experience in managing teams
- Experience in managing significant (minimum of 2000 man days) package implementations or upgrade projects
- Very good knowledge of ERP, Portal and Collaboration functionalities and technologies
- Deep knowledge of package customisation, interfacing techniques and database technologies
- Thorough knowledge of overall IT architectural design
- Deep understanding of IT services and standard methodologies
- Excellent budget and contract management skills
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French(*) language skills and a good command of the other
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long-term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights.
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 5th November 2018