System and Mission Performance Manager
The Biomass System and Mission Performance Manager will report to the Biomass Project Manager. Biomass is the fourth Core Earth Explorer Mission in the Earth Observation Envelope Programme. Its main objective is to provide first global observations of the distribution of forest biomass and changes in the biomass stock over the mission lifetime. The System and Mission Performance Manager is in charge of the maintenance of the Biomass system requirements, all aspects related to the mission performance including calibration and validation and will be the Project responsible for the ground segment requirements definition and the follow up of the development and validation of the overall ground segment.
- Defining, consolidating and maintaining the Biomass system requirements, ensuring coherence with mission requirements and constraints;
- Coordinating with other ESA Biomass Project Team sections to ensure consistency of requirements, designs, testing and performance levels (including end-to-end performance) with system-level needs;
- Managing industrial activities for system aspects;
- Assessing and reviewing space segment architecture and design, including identification and analysis of options, trade-offs and design drivers;
- Defining and maintaining mission-specific ground segment requirements, following up development and validation of the overall ground segment.
- Performing critical analysis and maintenance of all mission performance budgets and timely instigation of corrective actions where necessary;
- Ensuring the end-to-end mission performance is compliant with mission requirements, for the specified operations scenarios;
- Following up mission analysis activities and ensuring compliance with space debris mitigation requirements;
- Supporting preparation and execution of the cal/val activities;
- Ensuring timely frequency allocation for the Biomass Mission in coordination with the ESA Frequency Management Office;
- Liaising with the Mission Advisory Group (MAG) for aspects related to mission requirements, system implementation and performance verification;
- Following up the end-to-end system calibration, including definition and development of calibration facilities, as required;
- Monitoring the Biomass mission operations concept;
- Ensuring a rigorous approach to mission performance validation;
- Managing the System & Mission Performance team, including the definition of day-to-day tasks and objectives as well as the setting of annual performance objectives and their assessment (including training needs), ensuring staff motivation and commitment to the Project’s goal.
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree in Engineering.
Closing date for applications: 06 October 2019.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com