Application closing date: 22 June 2019
The Organisation seeks a professional accountant with particular experience in asset accounting. This opportunity is also suitable for early career professionals who have gained initial experience and have a desire to progress to the next challenge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve current fixed asset register including review of historical values;
- Maintain fixed asset register in line with IPSAS standards;
- Control, track and process financial invoices on large value contracts;
- Act as main contact for internal and external auditors on job relevant matters;
- Assist in inventory accounting aspects;
- Assist in other daily accounting tasks.
The Accountant is part of the Accounting team within the Finance Department and reports to the Head of Finance.
Key Competences and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of asset accounting;
- Familiarity with an ERP system, preferably MS Dynamics (Navision);
- Skilled in MS Office applications, in particular Excel;
- Hands-on working style and willingness to cover a variety of tasks with strong organisational skills.
To be successful in this role, excellent communication skills and a strong sense of team spirit are essential. A well-structured working style, the ability to deal with details whilst maintaining a focus on the wider issues, the flexibility to adapt to the changing environment and requirements are all important competences. Experience of IFRS and/or IPSAS standards are desirable.
Certified Accountant, university degree in accounting or equivalent.
The position requires a a full command of the English language. Knowledge in the Spanish language is an asset.
Remuneration and Contract:
We offer an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary (tax free), comprehensive pension scheme and medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial help in relocating your family and the possibility to place your child/children in day care.
The contract is for a fixed term duration of three years, and is subject to successful completion of the probation period. There may be a possibility of extension(s) subject to individual performance and organisational requirements and as defined in the applicable policies and staff rules and regulations. For any further information, please visit ESO’s conditions of employment.
Garching near Munich, Germany. Occasional duty trips to all ESO sites in Chile may be required.