Studentship Programme Chile
ESO students benefit from a collaborative, international, and multi-disciplinary scientific environment that values innovation and creativity. They stay in touch with the latest developments in science and have the opportunity to network with top researchers. Moreover, students have the chance to complement their scientific profile by volunteering as co-organisers of several regular science events like Journal Clubs, topical coffees and seminars. Students can be part of the SOC/LOC of conferences hosted at ESO and mentor master students, in collaboration with an ESO Fellow or Staff astronomer. In addition, students in Garching may attend and benefit from the series of lectures delivered in the framework of the International Max-Planck Research School on Astrophysics. ESO students have also the possibility to participate in many outreach activities.
If you are interested in enhancing your PhD experience in an international and culturally-rich environment, growing your network of potential collaborators and consolidating your scientific profile through an extended stay at ESO, then please apply by completing the web application form available at http://recruitment.eso.org/.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- a cover letter;
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, if any;
- copies of your university transcript and certificate(s) or diploma(s);
- a summary of your master’s thesis project (if applicable) and ongoing projects, indicating the title and the supervisor (maximum half a page);
- a short description of the general scientific plan for the PhD, indicating the tentative title and the supervisor (maximum half a page). The planned starting date and end date should also be included;
- an outline of the proposed project for the Studentship (maximum one page), containing a clear timeline including the tentative start and expected end dates of the studentship at ESO. The candidate should highlight how the proposed project fits in the context of the overall PhD plan and what are the advantages of coming to ESO;
- the names and contact details of your home institute supervisor and the ESO local supervisor. They will be automatically invited to submit a recommendation letter; however, applicants are strongly advised to trigger these invitations (using the web application form) well in advance of the application deadline (can be done before the final submission of the application);
- a letter from the home institute that: i) guarantees financial support (salary, health insurance and travel money) for the remaining PhD period after the termination of the ESO studentship; ii) indicates whether the prerequisites to obtain the PhD degree at the home institute have already been met. All documents should be written in English (but no translation is required for the certificates and diplomas).
Closing date for applications 30 November 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com