Application closing date: 10 September 2018
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMP) Sector
The mission of the EPMO Sector is to integrate and monitor all eu-LISA projects as well as to contribute to internal governance in the Agency to ensure transparency, accountability and deployment of industry standard best practices, which results in the stakeholder’s satisfaction and enables of better internal governance.
The EPMO Sector enables the Agency as whole and its individual units and departments to achieve their strategic objectives set by the multiannual work programmes, by providing and maintaining an Organizational Project Management (OPM) environment at the enterprise level.
The EPMO Sector will report directly to the Executive Director of the eu-LISA, and will cover the following areas:
- Project Quality Assurance (ex-ante and ex-post);
- Projects and Programme progress reporting;
- PM process ownership and coaching;
- Project reviews;
- Risk management;
- Managerial reporting;
- Demand and Portfolio management.
The overall purpose of the EPMO Officer is to assist the work of the EPMO Sector in the framework of providing support in the activities of project management processes and ensuring the use of appropriate project management standards, processes & collateral documentation.
The EPMO Officer will work in the EPMO Sector reporting directly to the Head of EPMO Sector. He/she will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and evolving as necessary in the Project management process and collateral documentation as well as EPMO process in order to keep it aligned with internal control standards, relevant internal processes and needs of the Agency;
- Performing under guidance of the Head of the EPMO Sector quality assessments of projects/programs delivered in the Agency;
- Organizing and performing necessary quality assurance tasks of projects/programs within their lifecycle;
- Ensuring that project/program managers in the Agency receive adequate support and have necessary toolset to implement their duties;
- Providing support and coaching as necessary to project/program managers in implementing, use and improving applicable project management standards, processes & collateral documentation;
- Facilitating the Project Management process acting as central point for lessons learned, templates, best practice and estimation techniques;
- Facilitating the project teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing training, mentoring and quality assurance, with the support of other corporate functions;
- Planning and reviewing necessary evolutions of available toolset for project management in the Agency to ensure its continuous alignment with the needs of the organization;
- Providing functional support for the best effective and efficient use of the corporate tools, by providing the function for managing documentation, project history and organizational knowledge;
- Ensuring relevant, accurate and regular progress reporting to support effective decision-making as well as suggesting improvements in adopted project reporting dashboards and Communicating project/program status to the relevant stakeholders in the organization;
- Supporting project/program managers in resource planning ensuring that resource dashboard(s) are updated regularly;
- Participating as advisor in the meetings of the Multi-project Board in the Agency;
- Executing other tasks assigned by the Head of the EPMO Sector relevant to its objectives.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Applicants will be considered eligible for recruitment and selection on the basis of the following formal criteria which need to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- he/she has a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
N.B. Only qualifications that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in said EU Member States shall be taken into consideration.
- he/she is a national of one of the Member States of the Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and enjoys his/her full rights as a citizen;
- he/she has fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- he/she produces the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- he/she is physically fit to perform his/her duties; and
- he/she produces evidence of a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and of a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
Professional experience and knowledge:
The applicant will be required to demonstrate that he/she has:
- Comprehensive professional experience in the area of IT, with proven experience in introducing or evolving a project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK), preferably working in a PMO organisation;
- Professional experience as a Project Manager, Programme Manager or Project Management Officer (PMO) within a structured project environment;
- Professional experience working with industry-standard IT Governance practices;
- Professional experience working with Microsoft applications including MS Project/Project Server, MS SharePoint, MS Excel and MS Visio;
- Professional experience in setup of PMO organisation and PM methodology tailoring;
- Professional experience in delivering PM training and/or coaching services;
- Knowledge of EU Procurement Rules and expenditure lifecycle;
- Proven knowledge of Agile, Organisational Change and process improvement methodologies;
- Proven knowledge of IT project management and development lifecycle integration and implementation methodologies and standards (PRINCE2 and/or PMBOK);
- Knowledge and understanding of Agency’s goals and objectives;
- Very good knowledge of English, both oral and written, at least at the level C1.
Further, the following attributes would be advantageous:
- Scrum Master, PRINCE2, PMP, ITIL, SCAMPI, Lean Six-Sigma or equivalent Certifications;
- Professional experience working with PPM solutions (i.e. CA Clarity, Primavera, Sciforma, Planisware, Planview, MS Project 365, Atlassian);
- Professional experience working in software engineering or IT infrastructure development;
- Professional experience in drafting and rolling out Portfolio management policies and procedures;
- Professional experience in drafting and rolling out ITSM policies and procedures;
- Professional experience as evaluator with capability and maturity assessment frameworks;
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks. Personal qualities:
Attributes especially important to this post include:
- A high level capacity to organise and plan/coordinate the work accurately, and with attention to details;
- Good analytical/critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and respond to changes in a rapidly evolving work environment;
- Good negotiation, problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills;
- Ability to make sound decisions, prioritise multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely at all levels both orally and in writing in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrating an open and accessible approach, courtesy and impartiality;
- Strong aptitude of initiative and responsibility.
The working language of eu-LISA is English. Therefore, the ability to communicate in English is an essential requirement.