Application closing date: 6 September 2018
The Corporate Services Unit
The Corporate Services Unit is organised in two Sectors:
- Corporate IT Services Sector;
- General Support Services Sector.
Corporate IT Services Sector responsibilities includes all the necessary IT operations from a network, system, storage and application perspective that the Agency needs to run its everyday business in its 2-site locations (Strasbourg, France and Tallinn, Estonia) and its liaison office in Brussels, Belgium. The Sector is responsible for development, evolution and maintenance of corporate IT infrastructure and corporate IT applications.
The overall purpose of the Project Manager is to assist the work of the Corporate IT Services Sector in the framework of providing support to eu-LISA regarding its Corporate IT Infrastructure and Corporate IT Applications and horizontal support to the Agency`s activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) covering corporate systems, thus contributing to achieve the objectives of the annual work programme for the Unit and general objectives of eu-LISA. He/she will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Corporate IT Services Sector as regards the day-to-day activities and report to the Head of Corporate Services Unit.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all assigned projects and product maintenance are delivered on-time, within scope, quality and budget;
- Performing all duties expected of a project manager role, including: initiating, planning, managing execution, monitoring and closing projects encompassing resource management, finance management, quality management, control management and business continuity management;
- Managing the relationship between business and technology at project level;
- Participating in and contributing to procurement and contract management activities with the Agency’s procurement Sector;
- When required, undertaking the task of business analysis, e.g. defining user needs, specifying requirements, performing quality assurance or training users as required;
- Contributing to the fulfilment of the Unit’s objectives and to eu-LISA’s multiannual IT investment plan and strategy;
- Acting as focal point for assigned ICT related initiatives;
- Implementing ICT quality processes and methodologies within all projects;
- Any other tasks related to his/her area of work as requested
Qualifications and Experience Required
Applicants will be considered eligible for recruitment and selection on the basis of the following formal criteria which need to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- he/she has a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
N.B. Only qualifications that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in said EU Member States shall be taken into consideration.
- he/she is a national of one of the Member States of the Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and enjoys his/her full rights as a citizen;
- he/she has fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- he/she produces the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- he/she is physically fit to perform his/her duties
- he/she produces evidence of a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and of a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
Professional experience and knowledge The applicant will be required to demonstrate that he/she has:
Proven professional experience of at least 8 years (following the award of the diploma) acquired in positions relevant to the job description;