Application closing date: 17 October 2018
Directorate / Service
Brétigny (France) – Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation (DECMA) – Research to Deployment (RTD) – Network (NET)
Function Group IV – Grades 16-17-18
DECMA drives ATM Strategies, contributes to European Research and Deployment, manages high-level relations with European & global ATM partners including military-military & civil-military coordination and supports States with the overall objective of contributing to the achievement of SES objectives. Within DECMA and the Research to Deployment, the Network Unit covers all Agency research and development activities related to Network Management and Flight/Wing Operations and Systems.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of his/her superior:
- contribute to the development of realistic validation scenarios, the preparation of the exercise plan and the timely and controlled execution of the exercise;
- develop and review technical documentation related to operational concepts definition and validation, requirements, scenarios and use-cases about Demand Capacity Balancing;
- provide operational recommendations to the analysis of the validation results;
- take the lead of project tasks within the Advanced DCB concept where needed;
- prepare and present the operational concepts, requirements and scenario’s at stakeholders’ meetings;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Science, ATM related domain, etc.) or professional training of an equivalent level.In addition, minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in
- ATFCM/ATC operations. For this particular post, extensive experience will be preferred.
- Experience as Flow Manager (ATFCM) in major European ATC centres.
- Experience as Civil Air Traffic Controller would be a definite asset.
- Experience in working in pan-European projects with diverse stakeholders would be an asset.
- Ability to present operational concepts and validation material to internal and external audiences.
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Problem-solving: Anticipates and solves business issues.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Networking: Maintains and expands effective networks.
- Result focus: Seeks to improve personal performance.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this post thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates’ qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper
- Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of three years pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed once for a fixed period of not more than three years. Before being confirmed in the post, s/he will be required to work probationary period of 9 months.
- This notice may be used for the recruitment of similar posts, for a period of one year following the establishment of the reserve list.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- The generic post is: Specialist.
- This competition is published on 19/09/2018, the closing date is 17/10/2018.