Role Of The Airports Unit
Within Network Operations Management, the Airports Unit is in charge of enhancing the network planning process, flight efficiency, unlocking latent capacity and better management of available capacity from a network perspective. In addition a priority is enhancing the information exchange pre-tactically and on the day of operations to ensure the network can take full account and provide the necessary service to operations to and from airports. Information and data relating to existing and future airport operations will be input into the network Capacity Planning process and the Network Operations Plan.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of his/her superior :
- capturing, analysing, evaluating business and user requirements to define needs and services in collaboration with the unit experts;
- coordinating with internal experts (NMD/Network Technical Systems) enabling them to define the related technical requirements;
- coordinate the user requirements cross-directorate;
- preparing release notes and presentations to inform external stakeholders and operational staff on system changes and impact;
- supporting internal and external meetings of task forces and working groups as required;
- developing and maintaining Initial Safety Assessments (ISA) for all proposed changes;
- assessing costs related to the implementation of requirements and performing cost-benefit analysis (CBA);
- being constantly on the lookout for ways to improve business practices and efficiencies and make concrete proposals;
- performing any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed relevant university studies of at least 3 years (e.g. Engineering, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science etc.)
- In addition, minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience. For this particular position, experience as a business analyst in ATM or in Airport environment would be considered as an advantage.
- Experience in developing user requirements
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Experience in conducting cost/benefit analysis.
- Understanding of network and flow management and the airports’ role in it.
- Knowledge of NM core systems and deep understanding of the NM release process would be considered as an advantage
- Project Management skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Communication : Fosters two-way communication.
- Planning & Organisation : Applies planning principles to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have a thorough command of English and a working knowledge of French.
- An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates’ qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper
- Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of three years pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed once for a fixed period of not more than three years. Before being confirmed in the post, he/she will be required to work probationary period of 9 months.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- This notice may be used to draw up a reserve list for similar posts. The period of validity of the reserve list shall be for one year from the closing date.
- The generic post is: Specialist.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from female candidates
- This competition is published on 03/10/2018, the closing date is 07/11/2018.