Role Of The Airports Unit
Within Network Operations Management, the Airports Unit is in charge of enhancing the network planning process, flight efficiency, unlocking latent capacity and better management of available capacity from a network perspective. In addition a priority is enhancing the information exchange pre-tactically and on the day of operations to ensure the network can take full account and provide the necessary service to operations to and from airports. Information and data relating to existing and future airport operations will be input into the network Capacity Planning process and the Network Operations Plan.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of his/her superior:
- preparing test scenarios with external stakeholders and internal units as required for airport integration (A-CDM, Advanced Towers and new concepts);
- performing data analysis based on the defined test scenarios;
- preparing test reports and proposing them for go/ no go decisions;
- developing and maintaining Initial Safety Assessments (ISA) for all proposed changes;
- performing data analysis related to incident reports to identify the nature of such incidents;
- performing any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma (Bachelor degree or similar) For example a degree in Engineering, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- In addition, minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience with a least 2 to 3 years in data analyses.
- Understanding of A-CDM processes and related data exchanges would be an advantage.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Experience in drafting Initial safety assessments.
- Understanding of network and flow management and the airports’ role in it.
- Technical writing skills.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Analytical skills : analyses information and identifies relationships
- Planning & Organisation : Plans ahead and adapts as required.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have thorough command of English and a working knowledge of French.
- An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates’ qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper
- Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of three years pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed once for a fixed period of not more than three years. Before being confirmed in the post, he/she will be required to work probationary period of 9 months.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- This notice may be used to draw up a reserve list for similar posts. The period of validity of the reserve list shall be for one year from the closing date.
- The generic post is: Senior Assistant
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from female candidates
- The closing date is 07/11/2018.