DECMA drives ATM Strategies, contributes to European Research and Deployment, manages high-level relations with European & global ATM partners including military-military & civil-military coordination and supports States with the overall objective of contributing to the achievement of SES objectives. Within DECMA and the Research to Deployment, the Network Unit covers all Agency research and development activities related to Network Management and Flight/Wing Operations and Systems.Within DECMA and the Research to Deployment, the Validation Infrastructure Unit (VIF) is responsible for providing validation and simulation platforms to the internal services involved in the validation of ATM concepts. The Unit also supports the internal services and the external partners in the configuration, management and operation of the validation and simulation platforms.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of his/her superior:
- contribute to projects and studies on improved and modernized ICT architecture and infrastructure of existing in-house air traffic simulation facilities, using the latest technological solutions (i.e. hybrid cloud concepts, machine learning,
- open source software approach, data mining techniques, etc.);
- contribute to activities related to requirement capture, analysis and development of appropriate technical documentation;
- establish and manage internal and external work as well as user groups and business networks;
- ensure the dissemination of ATM simulator knowledge and the latest relevant innovative solutions through the drafting of scientific papers, presentations, etc.;
- participate in problem management activities by analysing reported problems and identifying solutions;
- produce technical materials and documentation, as required;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years in a relevant engineering domain (e.g. IT, software development, aeronautical, mechanical, electrical, etc.) Master’s degree in a relevant domain would be considered a strong asset.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience of operating systems, network and shell scripting, modern programming languages and software architecture.
- Understanding of the latest IT technology and solutions (i.e. web or cloud-based computing, open source software, etc.).
- Skills in user (functional, software and technical) requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of ATM systems, simulators, training systems and any other relevant fields would be considered an advantage
- Technical drafting skills (English)
- Analytical thinking: Identifies critical relationships.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Networking: Maintains positive, productive working relationships.
- Creativity and innovation: Is open to new approaches.
- Result focus: Strives to meet work expectations.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this post candidates should have a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular position, an excellent knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of French are required.
- An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates’ qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper
- Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 years pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being confirmed in the post, he/she will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- This notice may be used for the recruitment of similar posts, for a period of one year following the establishment of the reserve list.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- The generic post is: Junior Specialist
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.
- This competition is published on 03/10/2018, the closing date is 07/11/2018.