Role Of The Muac Engineering Domain
The Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (UAC) is part of the EUROCONTROL Agency and provides air traffic services to defined standards of safety and performance levels for the 4 States (the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Kingdom of the Netherlands). Maastricht UAC provides its operational and technical know-how to SESAR and NMD respectively for the development and deployment of SESAR. Maastricht UAC supports the participating States in establishing the Functional Airspace Block Europe Central (FABEC).
Within the Maastricht UAC, the Engineering Domain is a large unit responsible for providing cost-effective and timely support service to maintain the high level operational availability of all technical systems. The Domain consists of a number of sections. The ATS Unit has a responsibility to maintain the ATC system applications and promote innovation and increased operational productivity. The ATS Unit is the point of contact in matters of development between the Engineering and Operations Domains.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of his/her superior:
- develop, test and deploy new software modules for the Data Preparation System, including designing, testing, documenting, maintaining and providing support;
- review request for changes, perform prototyping where necessary, and create unambiguous software specifications;
- analyse modifications required to existing source code, documentation and test suite in order to implement problem fixes and changes;
- perform and document tests for each code modification, review the source code, test suite changes and test results performed by peers;
- investigate problems and sketch solutions;
- debrief on the status of work and potential technical and schedule problems;
- execute tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security management procedures;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma (e.g. Bachelor degree or similar) preferably related to Computer Science, Software Engineering or IT.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant professional experience in line with the described duties.
- Experience in Oracle and PL/SQL programming.
- Experience in Linux and MS Office Application
- Experience in software test automation would be an advantage.
- Technical drafting skills (English)
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs
- Problem solving: responds to (routine) problems as they arise by applying job knowledge.
- Team-work : Fosters teamwork
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (written/oral) and satisfactory knowledge of French, to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties, are required.
- An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates’ qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper
- Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of three years pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being confirmed in the post, he/she will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- This notice may be used for the recruitment of similar posts, for a period of one year following the establishment of the reserve list.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- The generic post is: Assistant
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from female candidates.
- This competition is published on 03/10/2018, the closing date is 07/11/2018.