Interested in this role? Speak to Eurojust at the European Union Careers Fair
Develop and ensure correct and timely implementation of policies and processes. Supervise, advise and support staff in the Sector to effectively perform their duties and deliver a professional and efficient service.
Functions and Duties
- Develop, review and monitor implementation of policies and procedures, in the field of expertise, in line with recent industry developments and the EU legal framework;
- Act as (business) partners and advise staff and management on best practices related to the field of responsibility; Advise the Head of Unit on the field of expertise;
- Lead and participate in projects;
- Contribute to and implement Eurojust’s strategic plans;
- Report on Sector activities, set and report on KPIs; ensure timely provision of input to audits and follow-up on findings;
- Ensure effective management of budgets and contracts, in line with EU financial rules.
- Organise the work of the Sector and ensure the provision of effective customer service to clients;
- Manage the performance of direct reports: set performance objectives, empower and motivate, provide feedback, appraise, address performance issues;
- Foster the wellbeing of the team by encouraging cooperation and teamwork and a positive working environment; manage staff absence;
- Act as a back-up during absence of the Head of Unit or other Heads of Sector.
Bachelor’s Degree (3 years)
- 9 years
- Management experience: 1-2 years
- At least 5 years’ experience in a comparable function.
- Education in a relevant discipline
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of EU Legal framework: As applicable to role
- Computer Skills: MS Office: Advantageous: knowledge of relevant software
- Financial/Budget management skills: Advantageous: Operational Verifier role