Agribusiness & Market Analyst
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Sub-Regional Office for the Caribbean and the technical supervision of the FAO SLC Trade and Markets Officer, the Agribusiness & Market Analyst will provide administrative and technical support to FAO’s Value Chain Development and Agribusiness team and support the regional implementation of the applied methodology to promote sustainable and inclusive agricultural industries in the Caribbean.
Specifically, the Agribusiness & Market Analyst will:
- Undertake desk research and market analysis on agricultural value chains across the region including market and supply side assessments of identified products;
- Undertake data cleaning, analysis and visualization and prepare presentations;
- Support the development, implementation and analysis of surveys including cost of production;
- Support the preparation of business models, industry development plans and investment proposals for identified opportunities;
- Provide support in the preparation and delivery of training modules for value chain development and business modelling;
- Support the development of quantitative monitoring and evaluation databases to strengthen data collection to track and guide VCD implementation activities;
- Provide logistical and coordination support to ongoing project and programme activities;
- Provide logistical and planning support for FAO technical events and workshops including communications and outreach material;
- Provide support in the development of communications and visibility activities for FAO’s VCD methodology and other related activities;
- Provide other technical inputs and advise on further development of the applied methodology as agreed;
- Other tasks as may be required.
- University degree in agricultural economics, business administration, finance, economics, social science or a related field;
- At least one year of relevant working experience. Work experience in the private sector in the agricultural sector would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS
- Strong knowledge of Excel, data management, other statistical analyses and PowerPoint tools;
- Good knowledge of data analysis and visualization using Tableau, Power BI, Excel or other business data analysis tools.
- Basic knowledge of management accounting