Logistics Assistant – FAO – Ibb, Yemen
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support logistic planning at field level through coordination with program section and provide technical support and guidance in planning a cost effective transportation and distribution of supplies and equipment to project site in support of country program.
- Supervise field logistic operations for the receipt and distribution of agricultural inputs and assets procured under the various FAO projects/programmes in Yemen including the transportation of FAO commodities inside Yemen to ensure timely availability of inputs procured and logistics arrangements;
- review of stock holding at various locations, keeping record of all inventories in database;
- supervise and ensure that the entry and exit of goods from the FAO warehouse are properly controlled and recorded;
- supervise and ensure that storage and warehousing of all inputs procured under the emergency projects are arranged in and orderly manner to facilitate identification of goods stocked;
- prepare monthly inventory and assets reports of all expendable and non-expendable items, regular handling/tracking over the assets;
- to be in charge of the organization of FAO’s storehouse, keeping an updated record of all supplies and supervise the establishment of cocoon seed facilities in various locations in Yemen;
- in close coordination with the Procurement assistant in Yemen, ensure that the satisfactory delivery of goods and services is properly done before clearing any payment;
- supervise the maintenance of functional accounting records of all stored emergency inputs, through issuance of receipts;
- be in charge of customs procedures providing all required documentation for clearances through Government Ministries for procurement ensuring timely arrival to Yemen;
- assist in arranging clearance of the consignments such as preparing Tax exemption, certificates and necessary permits of Government; and
- under the guidance of Logistics Unit and in close consultation with the procurement unit and administration of FAO Yemen, provide advice on the establishment of the logistic management system in area of assignment;
- ensure the correct application of the FAO rules and regulations in the movement of procured goods and services;
- Perform other related duties as required;
- University degree in Business Administration or Logistics/transport related studies.
- At least 3 years of experience relevant experience in logistics or procurement, including staff supervision at the national or international level. Experience with an UN Agency or International NGO desirable.
- Full competency and fluency in English and Arabic.
- National of Yemen.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and a high degree of pressure.
- Proven experience in Logistics.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, Team Player
- Understanding of complex emergencies; experience working in insecure and crisis environment.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; Analytical skills and experience.
- The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
- Ability to keep sensitive information as confidential.
- Capacity to take initiative, and suggest modifications in the process
Closing date for applications 23 January 2020 before midnight.
n your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com