Low Carbon Agriculture Policy and Project Specialist – FAO
Tasks and responsibilities
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to this area of work can include the following:
- Provide GHG appraisal and report delivery (on project and value chain). Work includes data collection on field or work desk and GHG appraisal report with economic and financial analysis as required
- Support upgrading of current EX-ACT suite of tools
- Establish and manage relations with external partners, including UN agencies, intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, national institutions, academic and research organizations.
- Produce trainings and information material (e-learning and webinars)
- Perform other tasks as required
- University degree in agricultural sciences, forestry, environmental sciences, agribusiness management, economics or closely related field
- Relevant experience in climate change mitigation, GHG analysis in the Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) sector
- For Consultants/PSA level B: at least five years of relevant experience;
- For Consultants/PSA level C: one to four years of relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Experience on GHG accounting tools is desirable
- Practical work experience on low carbon agriculture project, policy and value chain
- Global experience in value chain analysis, sustainable value chain approaches and use of carbon foot print, familiarity with GHG accounting on value chain
- Familiarity with UNFCCC framework and IPCC guidelines will be an asset
- Experience in capacity building and trainings, focused on computer- application oriented training courses for technical partners and national institutions on low carbon agriculture.
Closing date for applications 03 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com