National Information Management Specialist for Food Security Cluster/Sector
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the HNO preparation: provide data for FS indicators (based on JIAF); together with FSC-CC, and along with IMWG, analyse the severity of needs and define PiN
- Support the development, together with the FSC-CC and in consultation with sector partners, of the coordination of FSC response plans, strategy and logframe (e.g. HRP);
- Support FSC-CC in creating and monitoring FSC HPC online system for project submission;
- Proactively gather information from FSC partners and other organizations which may be of use in ensuring informed decision-making processes;
- Develop and maintain database about FSC partners’ activities, analyse and process the data, and share final information and products (dashboards, maps, etc.) with FSC partners. Ensure that data is collected and presented in a way consistent with the FSC objectives
- Ensure financial monitoring for cluster response activities (check OCHA FTS);
- Conduct secondary data review, compile an inventory of available assessments and provide FSC partners with a list of available information/data with respective sources on a regular basis (e.g. common Cluster / Sector data sets, including population data disaggregated by age and sex, assessments and other surveys;
- Create and maintain Contact directories and mailing lists;
- Maintain updated gFSC country and the FSC Humanitarian Response webpages with all relevant material;
- Conduct capacity building for FSC partners on IM (e.g. on monitoring / reporting formats, project submission, excel use);
- Contribute to the development of reports (Sitreps, Bulletins, newsletters) by providing the FSC-CC with data and information;
- Assist in organizing FSC Meetings and working groups (if applicable);
- Together with the FSC-CC, support gFSC initiatives, e.g. CCPM (Cluster Coordination Performance Monitoring), global cluster annual overview, global dashboards, etc.;
- Liaise with OCHA and IM Focal Points in other clusters, and attend IM Working Group meetings or other relevant WG meetings – share information as appropriate;
- University Degree-level qualification or equivalent – preferably in Statistics, Economics, Data Management, GIS and other related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data management and visualisation;
- Experience in humanitarian context is mandatory and experience in food security -related topics is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of English and knowledge of another official UN language (with working-level proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic desirable).
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful time- critical situations;
- Formal training in Cluster IMO or previous Cluster experience is desirable.
- National of Iraq.